Outdoor activities, increase the risk of accidents and injuries to a person’s body. For those who participate in sports activities, the possibility of their injury increases. Certified sports chiropractors can be useful in helping to keep you in the game rather than sitting on the sidelines.
Sports chiropractic care is common and many trainers encourage it before, during, and after physical performance. The sports chiropractor treats the injuries of the athlete and helps him with his knowledge of the neuromusculoskeletal system. Top athletes like Tiger Woods, Jerry Rice and Lance Armstrong, they all believers in the concepts of sports chiropractic treatment and seek Chiropractic help for their injury treatment.
Benefits of Sports Chiropractic Care:
- Body Maintenance – Reducing stiffness and pain after severe sports activities, such as soccer or football.
- Increased mobility – Osteopathic manipulative treatment, or OMT, is used by chiropractor sports as a precautionary measure of injury, promoting flexibility and pain-free movements.
- Useful for injury – Chiropractic sports treatments have been shown to reduce painful symptoms of repetitive instability on the shoulders, hips and knees, especially in full-contact sports, such as hockey or soccer.
- Relief for sports hernias – five to twenty percent of all sports injuries involve groin pain (athletic pubalgia), commonly referred to as sports hernias. Therapy that combines chiropractic sports and rehabilitation exercises can usually provide pain assistance and discomfort in just a few weeks.
- Increased strength – Chiropractic sports treatments not only reduce muscle complaints and frameworks but can also promote physical strength, such as grip strength in martial arts sports.
- Total support – Consistent chiropractic treatment can increase strength, durability, and range of motion for athletes, from training to the game, improve performance and overcome mild injuries.
Chiropractic treatment is just mechanical maintenance of the body. The purpose of chiropractic therapy is to eliminate discomfort and pain, promote healing, rehabilitate injured areas, and avoid injury recurrence.
Also Read: Benefits of Chiropractic Care
Call Dr. Mina Iskander sports chiropractor for more information and to schedule an appointment with a sports chiropractor. You will receive expert chiropractic care. He is trained, certified and committed to helping the sports enthusiasts of Culver City and Anaheim.
Dr. Mina Iskander is a health care Sports Chiropractor in Culver City and Anaheim.